The members of the governing council are:
1. Prof. (Mrs.) SenaBakre
Prof. Bakre is a Professor of Food and Industrial Microbiology and has been Sub-Dean of Faculty of Science, Lagos State University, Ojo. She has been Head of Department of Botany and Microbiology and Pioneer Director, LASU School of Part-time Studies. She is a Fellow of Biomedical Engineering Society of Nigeria; member, Nigeria Institute of Food and ScienceTechnology and member, Microbiological Society of Nigeria. She is currently Director, Institute of Environment, Lagos State University, and also member of Governing Council of the same university.
2. Prof. S.O. Okobia;
Prof. Okobiah was Assistant Director Institute of Education 1982 – 1988 and Acting Director, Institute of Education 1989, University of Nigeria; Dean of Education, Delta State University 1994 – 1998, and Director Institute of Education, Delta State University 1999 – 2002. Prof. Okobiah as a representative of the University of Nigeria served as member of the Governing Councils of many educational institutions between 1981 – 1989 including the College of Education Awka, Anambra State,College of Education Nsugbe, College of Education Eha-Amufu, AlvanIkoku College of Education Owerri, School of Basic Studies Keffi, Centre for Education Studies and Adaption, University of Lagos and Nigeria Educational Research and Development etc. prof. Okobiah was appointed Chairman of Governing Council , College of Education Warri 2000-2003; and re-appointed the 2003-2007. Prof Okobiah was also the pioneer chairman of the Interim Advisory Board of the Delta State Higher Education Project which brought about the establishment of four Polytechnics by the Delta State Government.
3. Dr. Joe A. Alumonah
Dr. Alumonah who has Ph.D. in operations Management worked in the operational planning & Control division of Delta Steel Company limited. OwvianAladja before he moved over to coutinho, Caro and Co. Nigeria (CCCN)in Lagos and subsequently rose to the position managing Director and Chief Executive of the Company. He had his first degree in Mechanical Engineering. Since 1992 he has been on the board of Asaba Textile Mills Plc, and Golden Guinea Breweries Pic, Umuahia. He also served on the board of West African Glass Industries Pic, Port-Harcourt and Bendel Cement Company Limited, Okpilla. Dr. Alumonah is on the Board of Prowess Management and Technical Services Limited.
4. Dr. Joshua Enueme
He holds a Ph.D. in Animal Science and Nutrition and lectured at the Delta State University,Abraka. He was Commissioner for Agriculture Delta State in the second republic; Chairman, Technical Committee on the preparation of Blueprint on the development plan for oil producing communities in Delta State and again Commissioner for Commerce, Industry, Co-Operative and Tourism in Delta State in the third republic. He had also worked for Shell Petroleum Development Company.
5. Barrister Mathew Eguwenu (CP Rtd.);
MathewEgwenu is solicitor Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. He has served in various capacities in the Nigeria Police Force before retiring as the Commissioner of Police, River State.He is also Consultant on Security to Elf Oil Company Limited and many other companies.
6. Chief Ossai J.I.;
Chief Ossai read Sociology at the University of Ibadan and served for many years as public Servant in the Office of the Executive Governor of Bendel State before moving over to the Delta State where he worked and rose to the position of Director in the Governor’s Office at Asaba. He was a member of the planning and Implementation Committee of then Proposed Novena University, Ogume a team that developed all the necessary materials and made presentations to the National Universities Commission that earned Novena University its License.
HEADS OF ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS
1. Prof. Okonta - Computer Science/Maths
2. Prof. F. Amafokwn - Mass Communication
3. Prof. Isaac Igweonwu - Political Science/Public Adminstration
4. Prof. N. Isifor - Public and Community Health
5. Asso. Prof. Vin Ndubeze - Energy and Petroleum Studies
6. Asso. Prof. Felix Mcdubus - Accounting and Finance
7. Asso. Prof. Ekakite - Chemical Sciences
8. Dr. Cyril Otoikan - Biological Sciences
9. Dr. Steve Ekpenyong - Intelligence and Security Studies
10. Dr. Anderson - Economics
11. Dr. Carl Osunde - Business Administration
STRATEGIC PLANNING TEAM
1. Chuks Ochonogor - Pro-Chancellor & Chairman, Governing
2. Prof. Eze J.M.O - Vice-Chancellor
3. Prof. Chris Okorafor - Deputy Vice-Chancellor
4. Prof. S.O Okobia - Member, Governing Council
5. Prof.SenaBakre - Member, Governing Council
6. Dr. Joe Alumonah - Member, Governing Council
7. Barrister Mathew Egwenu - Member, Governing Council
8. Prof. G.C. Nduka - Provost, College of Management and Social Science
9. Prof. Eunice Igumbor - Provost, College of Health Sciences
10. Prof.Isaac Ezebuiro - Dean, Post Graduate School
11. Prof. Ephraim Aniebona - Provost, College of Natural Applied Sciences
12. Prof.Eke Okoro - Dean, Students Affairs and Director, Career and counseling unit
13. Prof. Beatrice Okpala - Director, GeneralStudies
14. Emmanuel Odishika - Director, Information and Corporate Affairs Unit
15. Ojodume Udeme - Bursar
16. Linus Ilgho - Registrar and Secretary to Council